Technovit 9100 MMA embedding kit (DG)
Technovit 9100 was specifically developed for the embedding of mineralized tissues as well as soft tissue with an expanded study spectrum in light microscopy. The deplasticized sections are suitable for histological overview staining, enzyme chemistry and immunohistological studies, including in-situ hybridization.
Plastic embedding system for medicine, botany and zoology
Thin sections for immunohistology can be stuck to glass object holders and deplasticized.
Fields of application:
- Hard-cutting technique for making thin layers
Examples: Iliac crest biopsies, smaller, spongy and compact bone tissue specimens.
- Division thin section technique (division procedure in point contact technology)
Examples: Tooth/jaw areas with and without implants, non-cemented endoprostheses with shaft bones.
- Combined division-thin section technique and hard-cutting technique (target preparation)
Examples: Boundary layer and environment assessment for metal implants and non-cemented endoprostheses.
Tissues that cannot be cut are teeth-bearing jaw sections with fillings, crowns and bridges, thick corticalis, implant-bearng (metal or ceramic) jaw or long bones, or brittle, hypermineralized bones.
Polymerization of the hydrophobic Technovit 9100 occurs by excluding oxygen using a catalyst system made of peroxide and amine. Additional components such as PMMA powder and regulator allow for a controlled polymerization in the cold (in the range of -2 to -20 deg. C, depending on the volume) that guarantees complete dissipation of the polymerization heat.
The benefits of the system at a glance:
- Polymerization below freezing
- Reproducibility of the embedding results and reliability due to constant, documented quality controls
- Uniform block hardening
- The PMMA block remains transparent
- Better results with regard to cutting and staining because Technovit 9100 contains a hydrophilizing agent
- Can be used for thin section and the sawing and cutting techniques
- Enzyme histology and immunohistology as well as in-situ hybridization possible (sections)
|Technovit 9100||1 x 1000 ml Basic Solution
1 x 120g PMMA Powder
8 x 1g Hardener 1
1 x 10 ml Hardener 2
1 x 5 ml Regulator
|Technovit 9100 Basic Solution||5000 ml|
|Technovit 9100 PMMA Powder||1000g|
|Technovit 9100 Hardener 1||100 x 1g|
|Technovit 9100 Hardener 2||9 x 10 ml|
|Technovit 9100 Regulator||12 x 5 ml|
- Technovit 9100 Basic Solution - Component 1 SDS
The Technovit 9100 basic solution is comprised of stabilized methyl methacrylate. The hydrophily is improved through the addition of a suitable hydrolyzing agent. Technovit 9100 basic solution can be used when stabilized and unstabilized.
- Technovit 9100 PMMA Powder - Component 2 SDS
The PMMA powder is used to guarantee a clear decrease in polymerization shrinkage, a reduction in the polymerization heat released and a better polymerization process.
- Technovit 9100 Hardener 1 - Component 3 SDS
Hardening powder 1 is a peroxide compound that starts polymerization with hardener 2.
- Technovit 9100 Hardener 2 - Component 4 SDS
Hardening liquid 2 acts as a catalyst for hardener 1 to facilitate targeted polymerization even at very low temperatures [< 0 deg. C].
- Technovit 9100 Regulator - Component 5 SDS
This is comprised of a reactive organic compound that facilitates a regulated polymerization with controlled low temperature spikes even for large quantities of polymerization.
- PMMA-Granulate, EXART SDS
This granulate acts as an additional internal filler when larger amounts (500-1000 ml) of polymer are to be used, for example, in the case of femur shaft with noncemented endoprosthses. The amount of monomer (basic solution) is thereby reduced, at the same time making the polymerization easier to control.
|Technovit 9100 Basic Solution Stabilized||1 x 1000 ml||1|
|Technovit 9100 PMMA Powder||120g||2|
|Technovit 9100 Hardener 1||8 bags, each 1g||3|
|Technovit 9100 Hardener 2||10 ml||4|
|Technovit 9100 Regulator||5 ml||5|
Fixation – tissue pre-treatment
Fixation is done for 12 to 24 hours in various fixation solutions depending on the size of the tissue and the antigen/enzyme to be detected. Overfixation must always be avoided.
The following fixation methods are possible for detecting antigens/enzymes:
- 4% neutral buffered formalin solution (0.1 M phosphate or 0.02 M phosphate buffer for iliac crest biopsies)
- 10% buffered formalin solution (0.1 M phosphate buffer)
- Fixation solution in accordance with Schaffer(formol/alcohol)
- 1.4% paraformaldehyde solution, cold (+4 to +8 deg. C) for 24 - 28 hours (sensitive enzyme detection such as alkaline phosphatase, fixation-sensitive antigens)
Dehydration, intermedium and immersion (pre-infiltration 1-3, infiltration)
Ordering schedule: April, August, November.
We order from this manufacturer at the beginning of these months, for delivery to our warehouse after 4-6 weeks.
|Code||Title||Pack Size||Availability||Price||Updated: 30-06-2022|
|EMS14655||Technovit 9100 MMA embedding kit (DG)||Each||See above||$762.00 AUD|