Uscope MXII slide scanner
The uSCOPE MXII Digital Microscope Slide Scanner is a small, compact, portable digital desktop slide scanner for professional research applications that you can setup and install in your home, office or workplace laboratory. It's so easy to use, you will be up and running in less than 10 minutes. Ease of use, portability and high quality images are benefits of owning a uSCOPE MXII for a fraction of the cost of other scanners. It is the only low cost, high performance USA made microscope slide scanner on the market!
Designed specifically to automatically create large image montages from stitching multiple points of view, it captures images from standard glass slides and sends them to your PC. You can interactively browse slides with full control of focus, image processing, and location. You can also scan regions of interest creating fully focused image sets. Capture individual images, or scan slides for consultation, publication or automated analysis. Its unique slide holder design allows oversize slides and older thick slides to be captured in minutes.
The uSCOPE MXII captures your entire sample or multiple regions of interest. This digital workhorse offers unprecedented capability in an amazing small form factor. Actual size is a little more than 4 x 6 x 8 inches! A little larger than most external hard drives, the uSCOPE MXII delivers high-resolution digital images from standard or oversized 1 x 3 inch glass slides. LED illumination and a HD 1920 x 1080 colour camera allows individual image capture and or mosaic image stitching. User-defined filter sequences enable you to apply multi-step image enhancement filters (brightness, contrast, look-up tables, gamma control, sharpness, smoothing, and flat field correction) to captured images or image sets. Deep zoom image sets, which allow you to zoom in and out and navigate large slide scans, are easily created.
Because of its small size, the uSCOPE MXII is highly portable. The industry-standard USB interface makes it easy to plug in and start capturing images at work or on the road. It easily interfaces with standard desktop or laptop PC's and allows you to view and capture slide images in a wide variety of environments. Supplied with a built-in viewer, proprietary images can also be exported as PNG, JPEG or TIFF file formats.
Available in Three Models
The uSCOPE MXII-20 comes with a 20x/0.40NA 160 mm conjugate objective. This model is suited to applications where a very high depth of field is required. It has a wider depth of field than higher power models of the uSCOPE MXII, so tissue samples and smears can be thicker with more of the image in focus. This unit is able to produce very high quality images while browsing or scanning an area of interest. It easily interfaces with standard Windows based desktop or laptop PCs and allows you to view and capture a slide in a wide variety of formats. LED illumination with HD 1920 x 1080 colour camera.
The uSCOPE MXII-40 comes with a 40x/0.65NA 160 mm conjugate objective. This model is able to produce very high quality images while browsing or scanning an area of interest. It easily interfaces with standard Windows based desktop or laptop PCs and allows you to view and capture a slide in a wide variety of formats. LED illumination with HD 1920 x 1080 colour camera.
The uSCOPE MXII-60 comes with a 60x/0.85NA 160 mm conjugate objective. This model is suited to applications where very high resolution and edge definition are required. The uSCOPE MXII-60 has a narrower depth of field than the lower power models of the uScope MXII. So, tissue samples and smears must be flatter or thinner to avoid lengthy autofocus and longer scan times. This unit is able to produce very high-quality images while browsing or scanning an area of interest.
View more videos: Inserting a slide
Unlimited Scientific Applications
- Clinical Pathology
- Plant Pathology
- Cell Analysis
- Veterinary Examination
- Parasite Detection
Full Control of Imaging Parameters
The uSCOPE Navigator Software enables you to browse slides, scan regions of interest, view image sets, create deep zoom image sets, apply image processing filters to images, and manage your scan jobs. You get complete control over image processing and picture correction with the following user filters:
- White Balance
- Colour (RGB)
- Contrast stretch
- Histogram Equalization
Features and Benefits
- Overview and Objective Cameras – The uSCOPE MXII has an objective camera for scanning and an overview camera for navigating.
- Automatic Focus – Images are automatically focused using configurable focus algorithms.
- Portability – At a weight of 6 lbs, the uSCOPE MXII is highly portable.
- Easy to Use – The uSCOPE Navigator Software simplifies scanning and browsing.
- Self-Contained – The uSCOPE MXII is self-contained and includes the electronics, cameras, stage, and optics in a device about the size of an external disk drive.
- Full Imaging Control – Filters provide control of image processing and correction.
- Personal Digital Microscope – Most digital microscopes are shared between many researchers. That's not the case with the uSCOPE HXII. The uSCOPE HXII is designed and priced for the individual user.
- High-Quality Imaging – Using a 0.4 n.a 20X plan apochromatic objective, the uSCOPE MXII delivers high-quality, brightfield images at near wavelength-limited resolution. Excellent depth of field and digital magnification up to 400x make it a researchers first choice in performance. Optional 40x and 60x objectives are available. The high-power objectives bring your slide images up close and personal.
- Self-Contained Hardware – The uSCOPE MXII is a self-contained digital microscope. All the electronics, cameras, stage, and optics are housed in a device about the size of an external disk drive. The only thing you need is a laptop or desktop computer.
- Portible Design – The uSCOPE MXII is designed to be small, lightweight, and portable. It's small enough to fit inside most brief cases. As if working at the lab wasn't enough, now you can take your life-saving research home.
- Relaxed Environmental Requirements – The uSCOPE MXII is very tolerant of typical office and lab environments. Special, weighted tables are not required to capture clear, vibration-free images.
- Cloud Computing Compatible – The uSCOPE MXII provides industry-standard image formats that can be used with cloud-based computing services.
- Simple Set Up – Users can easily setup and install the uSCOPE MXII without a team of IT specialists. Most users can take the uSCOPE MXII from the box to viewing slides in under 10 minutes. Special file servers, network interfaces, and ultra high-performance desktop computers are not required.
- Flexible API for Developers – The .Net compatible API allows developers direct hardware control of the uSCOPE MXII. In addition, the API provides support for a variety of image enhancement filters. Developers can use the API to integrate support for the uSCOPE MXII into existing analysis or imaging tools.
- uSCOPE MXII Digital Microscope, with 20x or 40x Objective, HD Camera and LED Lighting
- uSCOPE Navigator Software
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Wall Adapter Power Supply
- Test Slides
- Quick-Start Guide
- Printed User's Manual
|Slide Capacity||Single Slide|
|Illumination||Dual LED (White)|
|Overview Camera||1920 x 1080 or 960 x 540|
|Slide Camera||1920 x 1080 or 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.50µm/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.25µm/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|≈ 0.25µm/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.125µm/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|≈ 0.167µm/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.083µm/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|Image Capture||Single Image|
|Deep Zoom Image|
|Dimensions||4.12" (10.4 cm) W x 6.67" (19.9 cm) H x 8.84" (22.4 cm) D|
|Weight||6.0 lbs (2.7 kg)|
|PC Requirements||High Performance PC running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10|
|At least 8GB RAM (16GB recommended)|
|At least 10GB of available hard-disk space, 100GB or more is recommended depending on your imaging needs, a high-performance SSD (Solid State Drive) is highly recommended for image storage|
|Mouse or other pointing device|
|Several available USB ports|
|CPU Recommendation||Windows 7, 8 or 10 Desktop or Laptop PC with 1920 x 1080 Display Card|
|24" LED Monitor|
|Intel i5 3.2 GHz Processor, 12 GIG RAM, Terabyte Hard Drive|
|Available USB 2.0 Connection – uSCOPE cannot be run off a USB2 Hub|
|Line Voltage:||100VAC - 240VAC|
|Line Frequency||50Hz - 60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||50° - 95° F (10° - 35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||10° - 105° F (-12° - 40°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0% - 80% non-condensing|
|Warranty||One year warranty
Includes one year of software updates which may be extended annually