TCI Anopore membrane, 10mm, pore size 0.2um
Tissue Culture Inserts (TCI) are small cylinders with a fine, permeable membrane at the base. Cells are grown within the TCI which is immersed in a culture plate with a suitable growth medium. Cells grown on the porous membrane surface exhibit improved attachment, growth, and differentiation over cells grown on plastic surfaces. The medium contacts both the top and the bottom cell layers and, as a result, cells more closely mimic in-vivo structure and function.
- Transparent when wet: This provides optical clarity when viewing cells either microscopically or photographically. Eliminates background interference for better cell differentiation.
- High Porosity: Ensures free diffusion of nutrients to both basolateral (bottom) and apical plasma (top) membranes of attached cells closely resembling an in-vivo environment.
- Solvent Resistant: The cells can be fixed/stained without the need for transferring them with standard solutions.
- Low Background Fluorescence: The membrane will not interfere with fluorescent assays.
- No Matrix Coating Required: Very versatile and it eliminates the coating technique.
TCIs are available in different pore sizes and membrane material:
1. Unique Anaporel Membrane:
This rigid, easy to handle, inorganic membrane offers a combination of excellent transparency when wet and maximum porosity (40-50% surface porosity). The 0.2 micron membrane insures free diffusion of macromolecules with a molecular weight >0.5KD with good transparency characteristics. Anopore membranes can be removed from the polystyrene housing using the Insert removal tool. The membrane is resistant to virtually all solvents. The TCI 10mm is used with 24-well plates; the TCI 25mm is used with 6 well plates; and the 8-well strip insert is used in 96-well plates.
2. Polycarbonate Membrane Inserts:
These polycarbonate (PC) membrane inserts are available in a variety of pore sizes and diameters: 0.4, 3.0, and 8.0 micron in both 10mm and 25mm sizes. PC membranes can be used in many cell culture applications, such as chemotaxis studies where a large pore size is required. The membranes may be removed easily from the insert and are ideal for microtome sectioning.
All TCIs are TC treated, radiation sterilised, and packed individually.
Will be discontinued when sold
|Code||Title||Pack Size||Availability||Price||Updated: 06-08-2021|
|G699-DWS||TCI Anopore membrane, 10mm, pore size 0.2um||pack/12||No ETA||
|G699-DWS||TCI Anopore membrane, 10mm, pore size 0.2um||pack/12||No ETA||$109.00 AUD|