Evactron Softclean EP
Electron microscope image quality is greatly improved by the removal of hydrocarbon (H/C) contamination from microscope chambers and from specimen mounts, specimen holders, and the specimens themselves. The Evactron Decontaminator was developed to clean microscope chambers of their residual H/C contamination.
The Evactron SoftClean Chamber extends the ability to pre-clean specimens, specimen mounts, and holders with the proven downstream plasma ashing process before examination in the chamber, thus insuring high image quality. The Evactron SoftClean Chamber can also be used as a specimen storage system, keeping samples in a clean environment.
The downstream plasma process used in the Evactron SoftClean Chamber is gentle, yet very effective at removing H/C contamination. Sputter etching by other plasma cleaners can damage specimens through exposure to energetic ions and heat.
The Evactron SoftClean Chamber uses reactive gas radicals to remove H/C from specimen surfaces by chemical etch, preserving critical sample fine structure. This downstream etching process breaks down problematic H/C residues into smaller molecules such as CO2, H2O and CO, which are easily pumped out of the chamber.
- Cleans SEM/TEM samples
- Cleans TEM grids/sample rods
- Inert sample storage
- Just use air for oxygen radicals, or use other gases for alternative plasma processes
- Easy setup and operation. Preset pressure, power and time settings
- Can be operated from either front panel or computer interface
- Optional shroud can cover transducer and valve assembly on the Plasma Radical Source
- Start cleaning by using chamber vent and evacuation controls
- Advanced plasma detection logic
- Cleaning and error logs record history and aid troubleshooting
- Electronic chassis: 3.5"H x 19"W x 7"D (9 x 23 x 48 cm)
- RF Power: 5-20 Watts at 13.56 MHz
- KF 40 vacuum mounting flange, adapter flanges available
- 90-250 VAC 50/60 Hz input
- Shipping: 20 lb. (10 kg.)
- Windows and Android GUI software
- Optional Safar side loaders (US 8,716,676 B2)
- Accommodates up to three TEM stage rods
- A dry scroll pump rated at 4 cfm/6.8 m3/h or better.
- A pump rated at ~8 cfm/13.5 m3/h is preferred.
- You may need to adapt The KF16 flange on the pump valve to a KF25 flange found on many roughing pumps.
- Use a roughing line of 2.5cm in diameter or larger.