Uscope HXII slide scanner
Microscope slide scanner
The USCOPE HXII Digital Microscope Slide Scanner is a single entity that can browse or scan your primed glass slides in your workplace or home office which is also highly portable and easy to manage on the road. It's fully self-contained and the industry-standard USB interface makes it easy to connect in and start capturing pictures in a wide variety of settings – it only requires a Windows PC desktop or laptop to scan or browse slides.The USCOPE Navigator Software allows you to easily interpret and capture single or multiple slide pictures in a wide variety of settings. Save the regions of interest or sample therefore in BMP or JPEG format.
USCOPE Navigator Software optimises the capture of fields of interest from your glass slides. User-defined filtration sequences allow you to apply multi-step image enhancement lenses (brightness, contrast, viewing tables, gamma control, crispness, smoothing, and flat field adjustment) to captured images or image sets. Deep zoom image sets are easily created, enabling you to zoom in and out and navigate large slide scans.
The inexpensive uSCOPE HXII allows you to use high-NA, infinity targets to view and scan generic glass slides. You can browse slides interactively with full focus, image processing, and location control. You can also scan interesting areas to create fully focused image sets. The low-cost HXII creates images of high quality at a fraction of other scanner prices. In an ultra-small form factor suitable for desktop PC users, this digital workhorse provides unprecedented functionality.A little smaller than an external hard drive, the uSCOPE HXII offers regular and not so common glass slides with high-resolution digital images.
Available in Three Models
The uSCOPE HXII-10 comes with a corrected objective of 10x/0.30NA plan apochromatic infinity. This model is suitable for applications requiring exceptionally high field depth and high NA. The uSCOPE HXII-10 has a broader field range than the uSCOPE HXII's higher power models. And with more of the object in view, samples can be thinner. This uSCOPE model is suitable for textiles and biological samples requiring high-quality large sample pictures that can be scanned very easily.
The uSCOPE HXII-20 comes with a corrected objective of 20x/0.65NA plan apochromatic infinity. This model is suitable for applications requiring very high field depth.The uSCOPE HXII-20 has a broader area depth than the uSCOPE HXII-40, so tissue specimens and smears with much more centred picture can be thinner. This device may produce images of very high quality when browsing or scanning. It interfaces seamlessly with standard Windows-based desktop or laptop PCs and allows you to view and record a slide in a diverse range of formats. LED illumination with HD 1920 x 1080 colour camera.
The uSCOPE HXII-40 includes a revised objective of 40x/0.65NA plan apochromatic infinity. It interfaces effectively with standard desktop or laptop PCs based on Windows and enables you to view and capture a slide in a wide variety of formats. LED illumination with HD 1920 x 1080 colour camera.
Features and Benefits
- Overview and Objective Cameras – The uSCOPE HXII has an objective camera for scanning and an overview camera for navigating.
- Automatic Focus – Images are automatically focused using configurable focus algorithms.
- Portability – At a weight of 6 lbs, the uSCOPE HXII is highly portable.
- Easy to Use – The uSCOPE Navigator Software simplifies scanning and browsing.
- Self-Contained – The uSCOPE HXII is self-contained and includes the electronics, cameras, stage, and optics in a device about the size of an external disk drive.
- Full Imaging Control – Filters provide control of image processing and correction.
- Personal Digital Microscope – Most digital microscopes are shared between many researchers. That's not the case with the uSCOPE HXII. The uSCOPE HXII is designed and priced for the individual user.
- Self-Contained Hardware – The uSCOPE HXII is a self-contained digital microscope. All the electronics, cameras, stage, and optics are contained in a device about the size of an external disk drive. The only thing you need is a laptop or desktop computer.
- High-Quality Imaging – Using a 20X/0.65NA Plan Apochromatic Objective, the uSCOPE HXII delivers high-quality, brightfield images at near wavelength-limited resolution. The high-power objective brings your slide images up close and personal. Achieve magnifications up to 650x!
- Portible Design – The uSCOPE HXII is designed to be small, lightweight, and portable. It's small enough to fit inside most brief cases. As if working at the lab wasn't enough, now you can take your life-saving research home.
- Relaxed Environmental Requirements – The uSCOPE HXII is very tolerant of typical office and lab environments. Special, weighted tables are not required to capture clear, vibration-free images.
- Simple Set Up – Users can easily setup and install the uSCOPE HXII without a team of IT specialists. Most users can take the uSCOPE HXII from the box to viewing slides in under 10 minutes. Special file servers, network interfaces, and ultra high-performance desktop computers are not required.
- Cloud Computing Compatible – The uSCOPE HXII provides industry-standard image formats that can be used with cloud-based computing services.
- Flexible API for Developers – The .Net compatible API allows developers direct hardware control of the uSCOPE HXII. In addition, the API provides support for a variety of image enhancement filters. Developers can use the API to integrate support for the uSCOPE HXII into existing analysis or imaging tools.
- uSCOPE HXII Digital Microscope, with 20x or 40x Objective, HD Camera and LED Lighting
- uSCOPE Navigator Software
- USB 2.0 Cable
- Wall Adapter Power Supply
- USB Thumb Drive (Drivers & Software)
- Test Slides
- Quick-Start Guide
- Printed User's Manual
|Slide Capacity||Single Slide|
|Illumination||Dual LED (White)|
|Overview Camera||1920 x 1080 or 960 x 540|
|Slide Camera||1920 x 1080 or 960 x 540|
|≈ 1.00µm/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.50µm/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|≈ 0.50µm/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.25µm/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|≈ 0.25µm/pixel @ 960 x 540|
|≈ 0.125µm/pixel @ 1920 x 1080|
|Maximum Slide Image Area||22 mm x 50 mm|
|Image Format||JPEG (Q90) or PNG (lossless)|
|Image Capture||Single Image|
|Deep Zoom Image|
|Dimensions||4.12" (10.4 cm) W x 6.67" (19.9 cm) H x 8.84" (22.4 cm) D|
|Weight||6.0 lbs (2.7 kg)|
|PC Requirements||High Performance PC running Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10|
|At least 8GB RAM (16GB recommended)|
|At least 10GB of available hard-disk space, 100GB or more is recommended depending on your imaging needs, a high-performance SSD (Solid State Drive) is highly recommended for image storage|
|Mouse or other pointing device|
|Several available USB ports|
|CPU Recommendation||Windows 7, 8 or 10 Desktop or Laptop PC with 1920 x 1080 Display Card|
|24" LED Monitor|
|Intel i5 3.2 GHz Processor, 12 GIG RAM, Terabyte Hard Drive|
|Available USB 2.0 Connection – uSCOPE cannot be run off a USB2 Hub|
|Line Voltage:||100VAC - 240VAC|
|Line Frequency||50Hz - 60Hz|
|Operating Temperature||50° - 95° F (10° - 35°C)|
|Storage Temperature||10° - 105° F (-12° - 40°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0% - 80% non-condensing|
|Warranty||One year warranty
Includes one year of software updates which may be extended annually
The uSCOPE HXII is manufactured in the United States.